Sunday, November 29, 2015

Newsletter 11-24-15

Mueller Moments
1st Grade * Bauer Elementary * Mrs. Holly Mueller * hmueller@hpseagles.net
November 24, 2015

Thank you for your love and support over the past few days. My brother-in-law’s journey is not over, but it will be soon. I am thankful for the thanksgiving holiday break to be with our family. Should anything arise next week, and I need to be out, I will for sure pass that along.
When I think of things I am thankful for, your incredible children are definitely one of them. I have the best job ever! And your children are such a blessing to me. I hope you enjoy your time together this thanksgiving. 
  • Coming up:
    • Star Student: Savanah K. 
    • November 25-27 - No School
    • Wednesday, December 2 - PE Day - Wear your gym shoes!
    • Thursday, December 3 - Shopping at Santa’s Secret Shop 
    • Thursday, December 10 - Holiday Music Program
  • Reading: Your child may have mentioned the new book we are reading, Meet Addy, from the American Girl series of books. This is very heavy to read, but is excellent literature, and depicts the era of slavery well. I love seeing the boys react the first day I tell them they will read an American Girl book, and within a day or two, they are completely captivated! We have continued to work on characters this past week as we think about what our characters are doing, how they are feeling, what they like and don’t like, and what they are thinking. 
  • Writing: We began writing opinion letters. We wrote a letter altogether, chose topics to write about, chose an audience, and used a graphic organizer to supply reasons. We also had some fun writing some things we are thankful for with our classmates, and wrote a persuasive letter for what we think we should eat at thanksgiving dinner. 
  • Spelling: We began unit # 4 in spelling. Our words this week were is, you, in. Next week our words will be you, that, it. 
  • Math: We continued to work on story problems, and moved into subtraction story problems. Please be sure to log on to xtra math at home over this long break. It is fun for me to log in and see which students are practicing at home. Thank you to those of you that are doing so. If you need another sheet with login information, please let me know. 
  • Social Studies: Next week we will begin a social studies unit on economics. We will be studying producers and consumers, wants and needs, scarcity, and more. 

Happy Thanksgiving!

~ Holly R. Mueller

No comments:

Post a Comment